Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Par excellence music - It is this


A.R. Rahman is making waves for his fabulous work in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ and the subsequent Oscar nominations. In the meanwhile though, his best work came out without much tintinnabulation. I am talking about his latest release, ‘Delhi-6’. I generally don’t go on to listen to songs as soon as I have read the Music Review. But this music review was so glowing that I had to leave aside everything and hark to it.

It is just mind-blowing, dear readers.

I have a strong affinity for melodious songs; so when I listened to the Aarti Song, I was presto carried in the indescribable zone of musical completeness. Its lyrics, its humming, its mystic aura – all are so soothing that I listen to it as and when I feel the first bead of anxiety on my face.

Aarti - Tumre Bhavan Mein

The second song that I like the most is ‘Genda Phool’. What a mix of undiluted ineffable music, topping the relevant lyrics! The words of a restive newly-wed could not have come out better.

Genda Phool

The other songs, Maskali, Delhi-6, Dil Gira etc too are extra ordinary. The whole package, in fact, is a possession for the music aficionado. I can’t wait for the film to come out. If it is even half as good as its musical counterpart, it will make many other excellences dim.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When times life is making a drama on people. Like we has to live with or even to come on bed with person we never would love. Time is making a fool at us. Yesterday I saw this wonderful movie called Possession (2009) it is the perfect story for some one he thinks deep In life. I feel very sorry about the lady. Because she is suffered from loosing her husband and also in the matter of time having to live with his brother who dislikes her much early. Saw it on www.80millionmoviesfree.com I think many wife stunt to see this movie.