Monday, December 8, 2008

The real Ghajini

The first Theatrical Trailer of Ghajini is out.

Ghajini Trailer

I was so enceinte with expectancy that for a few moments, I had forgotten what Ghajini was all about. Perhaps I had made a mistake. No sooner had the trailer rolled out than the reality was revealed to me.

I was again reminded or reaffirmed that Ghajini is a copy of Memento. A few scenes, most of the dialogues, cinematography, bloody even photography, seem to have been taken directly out of Memento. Aamir Khan, sorry about being captious. But this is not on. If it would have been anyone else, I would have taken a different view. But it is you, damn it. I hope your movie is not a blatant pilferage, because I won't be able to watch it then.

Your question, ‘Why am I so fretful about this plagiarism, when every 'Wood' in this world copies another?’ I am uneasy, because it assaults Memento-one of the most wonderful movies ever made. First, you may defile its sanctity by hijacking its originality and second, in the process, you may lose out to Guy Pearce, and I consider you the best in the world. Hope you prove me wrong on both the counts.

What am I writing? I myself don't know. I always knew it is a copy, advertised as a sincere Indian avatar of Memento. But after watching the trailer, I feel so ...... ( I am not getting the right word).

No comments: