Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A song has haunted me



I have been listening to this song continually since yesterday. And really I had no intention of doing it, but somehow got hooked to it. I was just youtubing some songs by Rihanna, when I stumbled across a song ‘Take a Bow’ re-sung by some ‘Sheena Melwani’. I didn’t know her; probably you too wouldn’t have.

But curious to watch the song as it was on the top of the list, I buffered it in a new tab: the girl was beautiful, the song lilting, and the voice musically melodious. I searched more, and wow-I had just heard the voice of the Internet. Follow this URL:-

http://sheenamelwani.com/

An Indian-American singer, another first among the ubiquitous engineers and doctors, she had taken to Internet to reach out to the people worldwide. And indeed, she has succeeded to a great extent. In just first 7-8 months, her songs have received many million views on different sites, but more importantly, lots of rave reviews, appreciation and offers. Now, that is something to start on a career one loves dearly. And I did ‘take a bow’.

And searched more about her... I then reached the song, ‘Bad Grammar’ on her MySpace profile. Though not originally song by her, she has lent an incredible voice to it. Her two original songs, ‘Crazy Place’ and ‘Wonderful Life’ too are mellifluous. Since then I have been listening to them, more devotedly to ‘Bad Grammar’. Oh, I gotta leave now; the song needs a re-hit on the ‘Play’ button.

No comments: